https://szoptatasportal.hu/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/szp_logo.png 0 0 elnokseg https://szoptatasportal.hu/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/szp_logo.png elnokseg2015-09-27 18:47:192015-09-27 18:47:19Co-Sleeping With Infants: Science, Public Policy, and Parents Civil Rights, with James McKenna, PhD
Co-Sleeping With Infants: Science, Public Policy, and Parents Civil Rights, with James McKenna, PhD
Dr. James J. McKenna, PhD, director of the Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory at the University of Notre Dame shares:
- the science and history of co-sleeping,
- the need to define the terminology
- why public policy is based on social norms instead of science,
- why public policy is unethical, as it withholds information about cosleeping
- WHY THIS IS ALL GETTING READY TO CHANGE AS BREASTFEEDING RATES INCREASE
- and how parents can become empowered and stand up for what is essentially a civil right: to make your conscious parenting choices according to science and not unethical public policy and uninformed social norms.
Lisa Reagan, interviewed Dr. McKenna at the More than LATCH conference in Chesapeake, Virginia.